What Teachers Think About Pokémon GO’s Educational Benefit

Teachers have taken to social media in recent days to discuss whether or not the cultural phenomenon has a place in the classroom. Here are some thoughts from all sides of the spectrum from your fellow peers:

1.“We as teachers don’t need to poach every thing kids like and try [to] use it for learning.”

This Reddit user just wants to let the kids enjoy the game. I’m sure he or she has a lot of teachers who agree, especially given all the OTHER tools you’re trying to adapt to the curriculum!

Read the full comment:


2.“I’m definitely considering setting up an extra curricular thing around it next year…”

"I'm definitely considering setting up an extra curricular thing around it next year. I do a lot of gaming in my class already but haven't quite yet worked out how to weave my curriculum into it,” says Reddit user nwgnr.

The idea of setting up extracurricular groups to catch Pokémon has crossed many teachers' and administrators' minds, and if the trend lasts, could be a staple of next school year.
Loading...